by Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Astor
(A Magnus Blackwell Novel #2)
Published by: Vesuvian Books
Publication date: April 17th 2018
Genres: Adult, Supernatural
Magnus Blackwell’s past is about to catch up with him.
An evil force has seized New Orleans. Pestilence, suffering, and darkness cloak the city. The citizens are scared and need their mambo to guide them, but Lexie Arden can’t help anyone. A diabolical presence has taken Lexie’s power and severed her ties with the other side.
Magnus Blackwell is fighting demons of his own. Torn between his devotion to Lexie and a spirit from his past, Magnus’s loyalty is put to the test. He must revisit his sins to uncover the key to the hatred ripping the city apart. If he doesn’t, Lexie’s reign as mambo will end.
Their search for answers leads them deep into the darker realms of voodoo—until a desperate Lexie does the unthinkable, and Magnus can do nothing to spare her from her fate.
Top 10 List of reasons to read this book and/or series
1. Magnus Blackwell. He is a unique, smartass with a lot of magnetism as a human or ghost.
2. Lexie Arden. She’s tough, independent, loves her husband Will deeply, and is loyal to her friends, living and ghosts.
3. If you love New Orleans, then this book is for you. It is everything wonderful, creepy, eerie, spirited, happy, and bizarre about my hometown.
4. You will learn a great deal about voodoo. The spirit gods associated with it, and the power they wield.
5. The series is a roller coaster ride of fun if you love scary stories with ghosts and all manner of creepy things, you will want to read it.
6. It is not your typical paranormal tale. There are ghosts, but they are part of the fabric of the story and not so much a reason for it, such as a haunted house tale.
7. The secondary characters are vivid, dynamic, and essential ingredients in the tale. Like a god gumbo, you have to pull from a lot of different flavors.
8. It is a series that ties all elements of the books together. So, parts of the prequel can come alive in book 2 and 3. It is not a straight line of a story, but a interconnecting weave of several storylines.
9. We have a magical cat.
10. The cane. If you take away one thing from The Magnus Blackwell series it is the power of the baton juju.